Thursday 20 June 2013

lets just continue as normal shall we?

So after the HUGE news that Will and I were having a baby, most things did go back to normal for a while.  The next day at school I think I received the more hugs than I have had throughout my life so far... But everyone seemed to react positively, even up to this day I have only heard of harsh words from one person, who's opinion is worthless to me anyway.

However

Being pregnant brings with it ALOT of challenges... both physically and mentally.  To begin with, each morning I struggled to get out of bed, having woken up multiple times in the night due to either a full bladder or nightmares, which made a frequent appearance throughout my pregnancy.  Then place on top of that the stress of school, an advanced VCE subject and coping with all the developments and hormones of being pregnant. Life was not easy.  It still isn't.

I didn't go to school a lot.  At least once a week in term 2 I had the day off..  I just couldn't go.  At this stage in everything I was EXTREMELY reliant on Will, so whenever he didn't make it to school, I almost always didn't either.  Being so reliant on Will meant that I tended to neglect my friendships a little bit.. okay, a lot.  Almost every recess and lunchtime I would spend with him.  Which I now realise was probably the wrong thing to do.  Lately I have been blaming my lack of friendships on having Jordan in general, but I am beginning to realise it was more my fault for being so preoccupied with other things.  Although now it may be the wrong thing to focus so much on Will, at the time it was what I needed, it was my coping mechanism.

Then there was home.. Of course things were going to be different.  To begin with, mum and dad no longer trusted me, plus everyone in the house had to get used to the reality that there was going to be a baby in our house.  My youngest sister, Daisy, is 11, so we haven't exactly had a baby in the house for a long time.  Because of everything going on, even before he was born, there was a big shift in the focusses and the attitudes of people in the house.  Partly good, partly bad.  But the good news is, we are all still here and we all still love each other.

So no, we did not just continue as normal.  But I think when we made the decision to keep and love our son, we knew without even having to think about it that our lives would never be 'normal' again...

No comments:

Post a Comment