Monday 3 June 2013

how do we tell our parents...?

We were going to wait a week, that way we could do another pregnancy test and be absolutely sure that it was positive. But we couldn't... we both had the day off school on Monday and decided to tell our parents that night.  Will brought his mum around that evening to 'talk'.  Of course my mum was suspicious before they even arrived.  We sat down, Will, his mum (Karen), my mum and I, and I just couldn't say it.  I don't know why, I guess I was scared and nervous at what they're reaction would be.  I've always done pretty well at school, without trying to sound arrogant, its my strength.. so I knew mum and dad had high expectations of me which just made breaking this news even worse.  Some parts of that night are a blur now, but other parts are crystal clear.

The first thing mum said was 'what?!' but she didn't really say it, she shrieked it.. It has got to be one of the most scariest things I have ever done. Will even cried.  

All in all though, I suppose it did go fairly well.  Both my parents and Will's parents had said they would support us no matter what we decided was the right thing to do for us, although they were EXTREMELY angry.  Maybe not angry... I think more disappointed than anything, which is fair enough.  I have to say, I was VERY relieved when that conversation was over, but everything was still hanging over our heads waiting to drop, any second.

One hurdle out the way, time to decide which one to face next, because there certainly were, and still are ALOT of things to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment